Search This Blog

Sunday 31 January 2010

Football Shirt Biscuits!

I was asked by a friend to make a batch of decorated and wrapped cookies for her son's 8th birthday. He is a big football fan and plays for a team so I decided to theme them on his team shirt!

He was turning 8 and his name begins with J so I also added these details at the end. Wrapped them up in cellophane and tied with football ribbon and they looked great!

I used a very basic biscuit recipe

3, 2, 1 biscuits
3oz plain flour
2oz butter
1 oz caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract

Shaped them in to the shirt shapes (I had a load that I couldnt use as I accidentally used SR flour - the kids enjoyed tucking into these leftovers!!)


Once out of the oven I cut the same shape out of rolled out Navy Blue sugarpaste and covered each biscuit.....


Then, using sugarpaste glue (jam and water :)) I stuck white stripes on to the shirts and then brushed them with water to get rid of the icing sugar on them.

Added the 8 and J details, a couple of silver balls and they were done!




All wrapped up they looked great!



No comments:

Post a Comment